Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tart and the Aquarium or Fun with Sardines

Or I think they were sardines -- Needless to say the Tart seems to spend a lot of time at the aquarium between Mommy and Brendan and Daddy and then me. She's knows the whole deal, down to which tank has "Nemo" and which has "Dorie" and "Gill". We had a ton of fun at story time which was Dr. Seuss' "All the Pets You Can Get". At some point they talked about old pets and she told the lady reading all about Sebastian who got old and then went away (he was put down about a month ago). Just about broke my heart!

And then there were the sardines -- we're walking around near the Ray Bay (petting rays) and Tart let's me know she wants to feed them. Me, being ignorant, said that they don't let you feed the fish. At that point, Tart grabbed me by the hand and brought me to the little cooler where they sell food for some of the fish. They were out of ray food but, oh joy, you could still feed the sand sharks. I fork over a couple of dollars and get a little paper hot dog tray (for lack of a better description) with about 5 sardines. YUCK!!!!!! Not for the 3 year old though -- she had no problems picking up each one and closely examining it before sending it to the sharks. She was petting them and looking at their eyes....EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW! Anyway, we went back for more about 5 times before she was satisfied that the sharks had eaten enough.

Totally gross trip for me, but fun. Mostly trying to figure out what sounds the various fish made when underwater...People thought we were nuts, I'm sure.

No comments: