I'm wondering if "Inspiration" would be a good name for this dragon. It seems that since I decided to do it, it's just come together. It could also be because it's taking up the entrance hall wall and I want to get it down asap. Of course Roger can't quite understand why I had to draw this thing 3 times in order to get the pattern ready or why I have to sew it more than once (basting, placing and quilting). At least it wasn't expensive -- I went to JoAnn's of all places (please nobody smack me) and was able to get all the material for under $20. It's actually not terrible quality. Because it is for a wall hanging, I'm not overly concerned about durability. It's not like it's going to be going into the wash like a bed quilt would be.
Please disregard the temporary backing fabric -- I just wanted to see how the greens looked against black. I'm considering going for some rich black with silver stars through it for the final background. I'm not sure of the background material yet, just that I want it rich looking. If I *do* use cotton, I know that there will be a good bit of embellishment.
Anyhow, here's the progress and the final pattern (reversed). You can see the final size, that is 3 sheets of refrigerator paper taped together.