Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Flu or What the Heck happened to my nose


Just back from the doctor -- thank goodness I don't have the flu but I did get a huge case of reaction to something down at the barn (which was my own original diagnosis). I went down to the barn on Sunday, as usual, and there was my normally chestnut horse totally grey. No, his age didn't catch up with him, but he had obviously been rolling in the mud and it had all dried. Anyway, after his turnout -- crazy horse galloping all over the place, I stuck him back in his stall and took a curry to him.


For those of you with horses, you know it's a heckuva lot easier to clean them when the mud is dry rather than wet and I went at it with a vengence. I got him cleaned up (at least not mud packed) but managed to get dust all over me and in my ears, nose, mouth -- you get the picture. When I got home, I just walked inside the door and stripped off in front of the washing machine. I even had dust in my undies - bleek. (I know, TMI, but it was *that* pervasive).


Anyhow, took a shower and started dinner. All of the sudden, I'm not feeling so good. Nauseous, light-headed, exhausted--you get the picture. By the time the stew was done, Roger was eating alone and I was out for the count on the couch. Got up and was in bed by about nine and then spent most of the night up and down, sick as a dog.


After day 2 of not feeling well enough to go to work I was worried that I had the flu. I decided to go to the doctor -- no flu, just a lot of barn "stuff" still in my nose and ears and sinuses which was causing my nausea (post-nasal drip), dizziness (sinuses stuffed) and exhaustion (not processing enough air). She told me to use my Flonase, go for the Sinus DayQuil and if it gets worse, call. I feel like an idiot.


That's all for now folks.


I'm attaching a pic of the cause of all of this, nice and shiny and looking very innocent.

No comments: