Saturday, May 20, 2006

Super Day

Had a great day at the party. Lots of fun and lots of kids. Poor Tart had a bad day -- yacked in the car and then didn't get a good nap and *then* almost had her poor little toes broken by a wayward chair.

Hope Tim likes the bubble bucket. Lord knows I have a ton of fun with Tart's!

Got home totally exhausted and found that Roger had gone out to Cheap Sam's and got two more lilac bushes for the hedge as well as a "bridal wreath" bush. He put the bridal wreath in the area behind the retaining wall (where I told him something would look good--didn't want to believe me, though) The new bushes look kind of strange next to the one that we put in last week. That one is tall and obviously had been trimmed to be tall and thin, and the new ones are short and squat.

Tonight I'm trying to rearrange my stash and clean up the sewing area. It's an abomination and we're having company next weekend. I think that SIL is staying. Now that I have K's quilt done, I have a little bit of time, although I'd like to get the sale quilt that's almost done up and on ebay. I put about 500 5 x 5 patches that I bought a couple of weeks ago back on the 'bay. I just have no use for most of them. I pulled out about 100 from the initial lot that I want, and hopefully can get rid of the rest without losing too much money.

Tomorrow I'm off to the eastern nurseries with MOm as her MD present. We have fun and now I'll have even more because I don't have to "hawk" around for white lilacs...:) LIFE IS GOOD!

P.S. I forgot how much fun it is to keep a diary

No comments: